Be the Change

Let’s be the change we want to see because nothing is ever given to you freely without you fighting for it. You have to L.E.A.D. And that’s what I took away from the Rosedale students. They have so little and they appreciate so much more than I ever could. Education and community, along with their love, makes me want to do way more than a simple movement. We have the resources.  They have learned to do that without resources and their strength, as young as they are, is my inspiration. I found myself most comfortable in the action station because I am action and I am a cause. I find myself wanting to do and be more. To be the vision and the hope of my people.
-Destini 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Harsh Reality