Black Excellence


In the wake of my life I find myself utterly disturbed disappointed and lamented of the past that my ancestors held. Life after life taken and held and used as tools for the white mans use and beaten and battered and left shattered. Shattered in pieces their pride their dignity and their will to fight. But they pushed on and they kept on moving kept on fighting. Fighting for my rights and the rights of my people although those rights don’t appear before us today. I feel hopeless. Hopelessly lost at the fact that my people fought as hard as they did and it barely  made a difference. It didn’t make a difference in the society that we live in, hate can be seen filing in at a distance. But I do not want to fear that hate because then I would never make a difference so I pledged. I pledged to stand with tolerance and fight a fight worth fighting. A fight that may not be won in a day, a week, a year or in a decade even, but freedom will ring and equality will stand and I will not rest until we can all stand hand in hand.

-Destini Philpot

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Harsh Reality