Education Inequalities

Something I took from today was that as a nation, and especially we as black people, must take advantage of gaining knowledge and going to school, even perusing higher education. We learned of what our ancestors had to go through in the past. The dogs. The firehoses. Spending extensive periods in jail. All of this was in hopes of creating change. The separate but equal initiative was purely fictional. Our ancestors attended inferior schools and had to travel miles just to go to the "black" school of the area. The schools were sub par and did not offer its students the chance to see themselves as being more than just someone who works with their hands and not with their minds. To sum up my day, my education should be appreciated and not taken as anything less than. For all of what my ancestors went through I should at least try to get the education that they themselves wanted the chance work towards. 

-Solomon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Harsh Reality