Feeling Empowered

 From today, I learned that a women can accomplish anything she puts her mind too. When Flonzie Brown-Wright told us that she was the first black women to become a congressmen for Mississippi, I felt like I could do anything. The Medgar Evers House showed me that he died for being known and for doing something to give us this opportunity to he here together. It made me think that there is positive in every negative. I feel like I can do something and change things for the better. Then we went to Money, Mississippi and came to the Rosedale freedom project and did the L.E.A.D activity. I felt empowered to do more. I hated that I heard that they don't have as much funding as they should. The person who lead our group said that they only had one good teacher and that was in biology and that the other teachers are just people around to support. It hurts me because that shows something that needs to be change especially in the education area. I do someday want to come back and do something good for the Rosedale Freedom Project and keep doing something good. I want to take what I learned today and take it to my school and community. 

-Kira

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Harsh Reality