It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s my final blog.

This is my final blog for the Civil Rights Trip 2018. I know it’s sad to see me go, because I’m so amazing... But seriously, I really had an amazing time being on this trip. I’ve learned so much and got so many amazing quotes and advice. We’ve met so many genuine individuals that will never faint from our memory. Tears were shed and laughs were shared. The most important thing of all is that a family was formed. For a group of strangers that varies from different ethnicity and age we joined together as one. It’s beautiful to see that we don’t view each other as race or as a class we see each other as humans with very unique personalities. When I first started I was so skeptical about going. Being surrounded by people I didn’t  even know was a challenge for me because I only talk to people within my circle. I thought no one was going to like my company at all, but I was greeted with open arms. I didn’t just learn the history of my people, but the history of people I’ve encountered on this trip. I learned so much and I’m so ready to spread this knowledge that I gathered. I was surrounded by people that actually cared and that’s comforting. What made the bonding possible was our open minds. We were so open minded about everything even if we were not on the same page. We learned to understand each other differences and didn’t attack them based off of them. From late fun nights to tiring, drowsy mornings we had a great time. We grew such a bond so fast. I’m excited to call them my second family away from home because they have the same personalities like my family.    

I would like to leave this portion of my blog with thank you’s. Thank you for all donations. Thank you for the warm hugs. Thank everyone from the bottom to the top of my heart to make this experience possible to not just me, but for everyone on this trip.

Love and Peace❤️(SHANNON)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Importance of family