The Importance of family


As I'm reflecting on today's experience the thing that is stuck in my head is, what if I won't be able to see my mom again? Ms. Barbara Mines talked about her experience as a child activist, she talked about how some children who where sent to jail couldn't see their parents until they either had a connection with a white person or they released them. I couldn't be on the parents side at all. I would worry about them too much. I hate letting my mom worry about me. I'd break down if I knew I was going to be killed because my last words to my mom wouldn't be I love you right now. Even if I did die I wouldn't want my mom to ever feel like it was her fault. Our talk with Mr. Roscoe Jones had me also thinking that I need family. They would be the only one when I'm in peril. That my family will stick by my side at all times. It doesn't matter if they are not blood family, family is family no matter what. I am loving this trip so much and I want to thank the teachers who put this together for us.       

-Joey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Harsh Reality