Flonzie Wright Is Now My Inspiration

Today, the most eventful thing to me today was meeting Flonzie Wright. It was cool to see someone who broke boundaries in a mostly white male dominated field: government. I have recently been interested in politics specifically in America’s political climate. I talked to her privately and told her that I am thinking about being in the federal government such as being president (go big or go home, right?). I told her that I don’t think America is ready to have a black women as president and she said that America WILL be eventually. America can progress so having a women of color as president is more possible than I thought. I also asked if she had any advice. She said to educate myself and read about African Americans that have paved the way for other African Americans at that time such as Harriet Tubman or Rosa Parks. Knowledge is power and gives you an advantage. I will take her advice and I think it is important to have knowledge about strong people who are like me. This is why a trip like the Civil Rights Trip is so important for high schoolers who are starting to think about their past and their potential future. 

-Asha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ignorance, Hatred, Love, & Cartoon Network

The First Time I Cried in 10 Years

The Harsh Reality